Thursday, September 10, 2009

Summer Vacation by Katelyn

Not to long ago, we got to go on 'cation'. Dad, Mom, Mikey and I all jumped into our very stuffed car and headed to Door County, WI. I really have no idea where that is but all I can tell you is that it felt like we were in the car forever. I really couldn't tell you how to get there because I slept a good portion of the way and it still felt like it took forever to get there.



The cottage was very nice and we moved right in. Of course my babies made the trip and we unpacked all of their things first and then we went down to check out the water. I slept in a big girl bed the whole week. We grilled out almost every day and mom made her very own ice cream. My mom tried to think of everything that we would need but it didn't fail that each day she realized what she had forgotten and it was my job along with dad to run to the nearest grocery store each morning.



My favorite part of the 'cation' was swimming in the big pool. The weather was a little chilly so we didn't get to do much swimming in the lake so we went to the neighborhood YMCA and swam in the warm water. My parents enjoyed that very much! My least favorite part of the cation was walking through some of the muck to get into the canoe. I really didn't like it when my dad went in the muck and I really didn't like it when mom went in the muck and I certainly was not going to walk in the muck by myself so dad carried me.



I was very brave and went in the canoe but I had no interest in going on the really big boats into Lake Michigan. Michael did that and mom and I went out for breakfast. I was a really good girl on cation and I can not wait until we can go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment